29 July 2005

Peacock Repose, by the Workbasket
Finally finished, despite my frustrations with the "slippery" fabric that refused to stay in the hoop. I like the chart, though I am not wholly pleased with my color scheme. If that dark blue were less intense, it would work better. But, hey, you never know until you try.
I stitched this on 28 ct 'Barnwood' Permin linen using all Sampler threads (celery & grapeleaf, ltd. ed. sugar maple & clover, midnight & old blue paint). It's that midnight that stands out - too much contrast between that and the clover, I think. blah blah. I'm glad it's done - the fabric was seriously driving me nuts. There is a mistake, but one that would've necessitated pulling so many stitches that I just didn't bother. This is one for me, anyway. I'm collecting my bird pieces to make a perpetual birthday calendar for our home. I still have a long way to go, but this is one instance in which getting there will be more than half the fun.
Had an easy day today with Rowen in daycare. Nicky stayed home sick after battling a fever through the night. It was an odd coincidence that he got sick the same day as his ENO (ear/nose/throat) appointment. He needs his adenoids & tonsils removed and drainage tubes inserted into his ears. I'm having a hard time accepting this. I knew he needed something, but so much surgery on someone so small .... And our hospital recently reported they'd had the 'super bacteria' but had eradicated it. I don't trust the PR, and worry that he'll come home with something a lot worse than swollen tonsils & adenoids.
Other than that, we had a good day just sort of kicking back and relaxing. The sun was out for a pleasant change and although Nicky was sick, he wasn't really sick and could enjoy playing for much of the day. My dad's visit is going well, too. And I even managed to get in an hour's worth of paying work and clear out more than half the issues in my workflow. Tonight I charted out a design of my own devising, using some bits and pieces from old books. I'm really looking forward to doing something totally different!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 10:48 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


0 Comments: