21 August 2005

Now that I'm reasonably fit again (though I am seriously considering buying stock in Kleenex), I spent most of Saturday finishing off two projects - and I got them done! Hooray!

Pictured is Kathy Barrick-Dieters' design "C - Cats" from her alphabet card series. These little designs are adorable. The new ones are just out, and I'm itching to get ahold of them. My favorite is probably "U - Upstream". This is the second charity square for OECS, and I've used colors that coordinate with the "Cat With Fish"(shown in an earlier entry) design because they'll be used in the same quilt.

I have to keep my other finish secret because it is a gift for my mom. It kills me to keep it secret because it was a lot of work and half the fun is showing them off when they're done! It came out well, although I certainly had my doubts while working on it. Just two words sum up the difficulty: quarter stitches. Need I say more? Ugh!

Anyone else out there suffer from sinuses? I didn't even know what they were until I hit the big 3-0 and boy I wish I could turn back the clock! I had a FESS operation a few years ago that was supposed to correct the problem (deviated septum on top of other design faults), but it didn't do the trick. A strictly dairy free diet makes a world of difference, but a life without ice cream is almost too sad to contemplate. I'll just keep blaming the weather, which sucks anyway.

Today will be one of my last entries with this layout. The wiz designers at Design A Blog are now on the case and it is only a matter of time before my little niche here reflects me. It's a comforting thought. I wonder if they do sticks & stones interiors, too? My living room is just hopeless...
 
posted by mainely stitching at 10:21 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Sunday, 21 August, 2005, Blogger Lelia

    OOOH. Your C-Cat is awesome. The whole alphabet is delightful. I've been so tempted to buy them ..... ordered some Mary Garry Sewing Cabin patterns instead. I hear ya, I'd like a designer in my home, too -- they could re-do the works ; )

     
  • At Monday, 22 August, 2005, Blogger BeckySC

    It looks great, Barbara :)

    I know what you mean about keeping things secret...ME TOO! I wanna SHARE :) LOL!! It's hard with the exchanges to keep things a secret :)

    Glad you are feeling better :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

     
  • At Monday, 22 August, 2005, Blogger Ashleigh

    I love you C is for Cats :) Its so cute!

    Would you believe my DH is home with his first ever bout of sinusitis? No runny nose just the worst headache he ever had in his life. He's got antibiotics from the dr today because he literally cannot move his head. You know how bad it has to be for a dutch dr to prescribe antibiotics!