21 September 2005
secrets & surprises
First off, a huge thanks to everyone who left such nice comments regarding "Sweet Dreams" - it really makes my day to check in and see someone has said something. Of course, constructive criticism is also welcome - I'm always learning how to do something better or something new.

Right now I'm doing two projects at the same time that I can't let you see, lest the recipient also sneaks a peek. Though I may be able to give a little peek without giving away the whole surprise.

It is already mid-September. The days are noticably a lot shorter, and the sunlight has the mellow quality of autumn. Thank heavens we are enjoying a very fine Indian Summer here, which helps make up for a very wet & cold summer. On the less cheery side, however, our kids are already into the winter cycle of illness. We're now having our 2nd round of a very nasty stomach bug that has me nearly at wit's end. I keep thinking about the months & months yet to come: the colds, flus, mystery ailments, ear infections, and so on. Last winter was a nightmare. I was hoping this winter would be different, since Nicky has had his tonsils & adenoids out and his ears drained, but now I am unsure. Even Max, who is normally pretty resiliant in spite of how thin he is, has already been ill. I know, everyone keeps telling me they'll outgrow it, that time goes fast, etc. but .... I have to admit to feeling a little overwhelmed nonetheless. Any home remedies that you know of to give a serious boost to a child's immune system?

At least my stitching is going well, and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment so far from these two secret projets I'm doing. I have also curtailed my 'outside' stitching commitments which has given me a wonderful feeling of energy and productivity. I didn't realize how draining those real and imagined commitments were!

And I've decided that I can't post this without giving you a little peek at this cutie!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:42 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


0 Comments: