14 October 2005
autumn's passing


Today I took Max and his best friend Niek to a big playground about half an hour from here. Their school is closed for yet another study day (for teachers, not students, to study) and it was my turn to take the boys so Niek's mom can work this time. They had so much fun! But honestly after 3 1/2 hours at a sandy, noisy playground, I was all too ready to pack it in! The boys were agreeable when I bribed them with popcorn and a DVD at home.



This week has really been wrapped up with the kids and their goings-on, which has been a nice break from all the other stuff that fills up life. We have been luckier than I can believe with the weather, too. Today was overcast but dry and reasonably warm. The other days have been full sun!

I have been stitching, too, here & there. I'm about this close to finishing Niek's (the husband, not Max's friend!) gift - good thing because our anniversary is the 28th! I will also need to get my Halloween mailart wrapped up and sent out. That is down to the sewing/finishing in envelope form. I hope to find a nice piece of lining fabric tomorrow after yoga. I have some silks coming in from eBay that I'm going to try to do some more elegant finishing than I have attempted in the past. Cross your fingers!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 4:26 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Saturday, 15 October, 2005, Blogger Cathy B

    We're expecting a beautiful fall weekend in Minnesota too - probably our last one before the cold hits.

    Have a wonderful relaxing weekend!