08 October 2005
feeling better
Hi! I finished my PS Santa and looked in my The Cross Stitcher's Bible for advice on how to finish the ornaments nicely. I'm thinking of using counted chain stitch to connect the backs & fronts, and then stitching some sort of cording around the join. Does that sound alright? Truth be told, I've avoided 'real' finishing because I'm frightfully intimidated by it.

Tonight I started a little Shepherd's Bush project to thank a friend for her generosity and kindness, but I can't post it because she's also a reader. I'm trying to make my stitching look better, so I've been 'railroading' (a tip from the CS Bible, mentioned above). It's time-consuming, but I must admit that so far it does look good.

On the subject of flat threads, I'm trying to find out more about the Grip-It laying tool, which sounds like it would be ideal for me, but the woman I've been in touch with is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w at answering her email; I've asked 3 times now what kind of payment she accepts. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

Yoga went very well. I could do a couple of maneuvers that had eluded me until today. I've been at it for 5 weeks now, and progress is definately welcome! Anyway, it made me feel slightly less like a humanoid hippo :-).
 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:30 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


0 Comments: