30 October 2005
in the frame


So for approximately 30 euro, I've purchased 5 wooden frames and had 5 mats cut to measure. I had the glue (bookbinder's glue) and some quilt batting already. I spent 35 euro the other day to have a cross stitch project of the same size professionally framed, so I am definately on the right track here.

(I got the best do-it-yourself framing tips from Shakespeare's Peddler.)

Here are a couple of pictures - one shows the projects as I stretched them and the other shows the first three to be completed.

 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:46 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Monday, 31 October, 2005, Blogger Von

    You may not be comfortable with your sewing machine, Barbara, but these framed pieces look fantastic!! Yay!!
    Thanks for putting me on your blogroll :) I was just telling my DH I need to redo the links on my blog, so when we do, I'll be sure to add yours to it.

     
  • At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Kitty Couture

    You are so talented Barbara. Those pieces truly look professionalmy framed. They're all lovely! That little birdie is just too cute :)

     
  • At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger Chelle

    You did a beautiful job framing these Barbara! They look professionally done to me!