17 October 2006
a very interesting day
Today was my first day of biking everywhere, as if I didn't have a car ... and oddly enough, it's my calves & shins that feel it tonight. That bike car I have for the kids is on the heavy side, not to mention the 60 pounds or so of child that is also being hauled around... But the weather was gorgeous and we all enjoyed the wonderful autumn scenery. Hands down, this is the finest autumn of all the 9+ years that I've lived here!

One of our biking trips was over to the animal shelter so Nicky and Rowen could meet the mis-named Rebel (a.k.a. Powderpuff). That meeting was a tremendous success, so I called Niek at work and asked him to come home early so he and Max could also meet the cuddlesome canine. And that meeting was also a great success. Niek and Rebel looked quite the pair, walking through the autumn woods. Too bad I didn't have my camera. I'll bring Rebel home tomorrow morning to meet with a professional dog trainer. I want to start off as I plan to continue, and although I've learned a lot about dogs during the past 2 months I've volunteered at the shelter, I am not an expert. I'm pretty excited about it all! But I really must find another name! Does anyone have any suggestions? Though he is a Rottweiler mix, he's as sweet as a bunny rabbit.

Another high point today was finding my Quaker Pink exchange on my doormat when I came home! Paula sent me this needlebook, scissor fob/jewelry, card, silk floss, and finishing twine. Thank you Paula!

 
posted by mainely stitching at 8:27 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, 17 October, 2006, Blogger BeckySC

    What a nice exchange from Paula :) Congratulations :)

    I don't have a suggestion for a name-but I can't wait to hear what you choose :)

    Hugs to you :)

     
  • At Wednesday, 18 October, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    What a gorgeous dog ... I'm very jealous :) And what a wonderful quaker exchange you received - very pretty :)