03 October 2006
phew!
Here I am, breathing a huge sigh of relief. Not only did you wonderful friends let me off the hook regarding my second-hand book purchases (oh thank you so much!), but I have finally finished Sam's Harley quilt square. This deceptively simple design took me forever to stitch! Thank you to Battybat for supplying free charts!



On the subject of free charts that are generously supplied online, I'd again like to thank Meri for her wonderful scissor designs! I've tried several times to email her, but our email servers (or something) are incompatible.

Today I visited a couple of friends - my stitching friend Conny lost her mom this past weekend, so that was rather a sad visit. Right afterward I went to Anja's house and met her newborn son, Daniel, which was a very joyous occassion. One of those strange mornings that incorporates both extremes of the human cycle.

Nicky is well, thank you for asking. He's not only well, but seems to have stored up energy during his illness and is now on hyperspeed. The other kids seem to be in good health, knock wood. And Spin is staying out of trouble, too. LOL

Now on to the next stitching deadline!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:29 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, 03 October, 2006, Blogger Dianne

    Awesome square! I go by a Harley place every time I visit my mom.
    Notice I didn't make a comment about second hand books-I'm guilty of owning tons more than 50!
    Glad Nicky is better. : )

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 October, 2006, Blogger Annemarie

    Hmmmm. Again, my comment was ruthlessly eaten by some mysterious force. So here I go again: Hooray for your Harley Davidson finish. Well done, Barbar! It must have taken you ages, with all that black.
    I was sorry to read about your friend's loss, and happy to hear about your friend's new baby.
    My Pelle is like your Nicky, in that he, too, always seems to be on something once the bugs are gone...
    Good luck with him, and your next deadline :o)