16 September 2006
I can't chew gum and speak Chinese

Today was my first day of class ... the first step in what will hopefully be a 3-year journey toward my own acupuncture and herbalist practice. This year will be all theory - and with something like 3000 years of written history, there is a lot of Chinese theory to cover! We are also learning Chinese words that are fundamental to TCM (traditional Chinese medicine), and I discovered that it's not possible to speak Chinese with gum in one's mouth. LOL.

I have been stitching away like mad on a surprise, so I'm afraid I can't show you any pictures yet.

Reading: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:01 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Sunday, 17 September, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Congrats on taking on new study ... hope it will be as rewarding and fulfilling as it sounds :D Look forward to hearing about your progress :D