27 August 2006
the best ships are friendships, and may they always be
Today's title is in honor of my friend Anna, who's Irish and proud of it. We were lucky and got to keep her for the whole weekend during this visit to the Netherlands - what a treat! We went to a wedding on Friday night, stayed up far too late, stumbled over to the children's petting zoo on Saturday morning, and then wandered over to Delft Saturday evening to window shop and eat. Today we just chatted and enjoyed the spectacular rainfall until it was time for her to leave. Though I didn't convert her to cross stitching (grin), she's promised me a meeting with her godmother when I visit in England. Her godmother not only cross stitches, but quilts and knits and crochets and ....

Before Anna left, Niek was kind enough to snap a picture of us in the back garden between rainstorms.



I didn't do any stitching this weekend, but we had a lot of fun together. I hope you've also enjoyed a wonderful weekend!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 5:56 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, 29 August, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    Oh yes,
    One of the best things about my visits home is the opportunety to catch up with my girlfriends. Over the years we have developed little rituals to have time that belongs just to us when I visit. Yep- my girlfriends keep me sane.