09 August 2006
another kind of stitching
Remember those adorable, if mischievious, kids of mine? Well, the other day Nicky pulled a stunt that will live on in family history.

He's been potty-training for awhile now, and does a good job with the exception of the clean-up afterward. So the other morning I hear his "I'm DONE!" bellow and appear on the scene to do my part of the job. Nicky tilts forward, a little too fast, and winds up on his head on the floor. Initially, this is quite an amusuing sight, but when he cries out, I quickly pick him up and comfort him. I think he's hit his head ... till I see his lap filling up with a little pool of blood. Somehow, in the course of his fall, not all of his parts had fallen at the same rate. Our own little Mr. Mischief now sports 6 stitches in a most sensitive area. He was a trooper during the whole thing - from the madcap rush to the emergency room, through the repeated questioning from the hospital staff ("He tore what?!" "Doing what?!"), and throughout the lengthy process of being stitched up. You'd never know there was a thing wrong with him either - it hasn't slowed him down a bit!

Otherwise, we are having lots of fun and I have done some stitching, but ... I forgot to take pictures! I gave "Thankful for Ewe" to Sara and yesterday I gave a small pillow featuring a lobster boat against a rocky, wooded coastline to my Aunt Kathy and I forgot to take a picture of either one of them! They came out pretty good, but you'll have to take my word for it.

We spent yesterday on Mount Desert Island at my Aunt Kathy & Uncle George's shore-front home. The kids and I had a blast exploring their tidal beach for shrimp, clams, crabs, mussels and other discoveries. I brought home one small stone to add to my tiny collection of special Maine coast stones. Last time we were here, I chose one from Jasper's Beach, a favorite old haunt of mine.

Today we're having coffee with my sister and later heading to the Acadia Zoo with the kids and my aunts. The weather couldn't be better!

Thanks for continuing to read & comment. I try to read a few blogs, but commenting (with this dial up connection), is just impossibly slow. Take care!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 4:07 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, 09 August, 2006, Blogger Zoanna

    OH. poor Nicky. The pain! I can't imagine So he kind got his private part caught on a toilet seat part? I was thinking you were gonna say he broke his nose when he hit the floor, but OUCH! How much worse! Good thing he isn't older HOw humilitating~! And funny I must say cuz I have 3 boys and I can imagine this happening. Love the "I'm DONE!" I hear it a couple times a day myself from JOel. He always tells me during a wipe that I"m beautiful, so I'm fine with it.

     
  • At Thursday, 17 August, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    Hugs and get- better wishes to Nicky.Patrick could so totaly relate. Someday I will tell you about the sliver (huge) that he got in his butt and had to be removed operativly , one day before we flew home from a vacation in the states. Some kids are just like this, but they bring much joy with their antics as well as trouble.
    It sounds like you are having a fantastic vacation. We have been home less than two weeks but would go back, at the drop of a hat, already!

     
  • At Monday, 21 August, 2006, Blogger Von

    Oh Barbara, what a story! My dgs Hans is potty training right now and I can just imagine him doing the same thing! Sounds like he handles himself well in all kinds of situations. What a trooper!
    I'm soooo happy that you've had such a wonderful vacation. :D