11 July 2006
manual labor
cross stitcher at work!




Yesterday, on the spur of the moment, I decided to paint the house. Yes, occassionally I can be impulsive. Max is now on summer on vacation, so he was my assistant. Nicky & Rowen were at daycare because Monday is normally an office day for me. We took all the pictures down and did a sort of hasty cleaning to prepare our work area. Here's what it looked like before we opened the paint, as you come in the front door and head up the stairs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After a pretty full day of painting (and a couple of trips back to the hardware store for more paint) here are the results of our labor, following the same route.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really like the green. Sadly, I didn't do a perfect job using the decorative roller (to add the green vine/flower to the hallway wall) but I think the family pictures that usually hang there will cover up the few blotches I made. Naturally, the first thing Niek noticed were the imperfections, which took the wind out of my sails. Still, it looks nice & fresh. I plan to continue with the green accent around the bedroom doors upstairs, and the attic stairs (which are not carpeted).

What do you think?
 
posted by mainely stitching at 10:19 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, 11 July, 2006, Blogger catandturtle

    It looks great. I really like the green color you chose. I have noticed that I have started incorporating more and more green into my life as the years go on. It is a good color.

     
  • At Wednesday, 12 July, 2006, Blogger Singular Stitches

    Very nice! Wow, I don't think painting would ever come to my mind as a spur of the moment activity!

    Your house is really pretty, bright and airy.