07 July 2006
mail for the mailman?
I think my mailman deserves a thank-you card for today's postal delivery. I received the confirmation for my course (hooray!), a book of herbal charts from an eBay win, and this lovely magnetic bookmark from Dianne!



Today was a day filled with 1001 different things. It was Max's last day of school, and a half-day at that, so in the morning I ran around trying to find a suitable end-of-year gift for his teacher (no chance to cross stitch a gift for her this year), getting my hair cut, finding the mini cassettes required by my mini Sony recorder, etcetera, etcetera. After Max came home and left again, to go to his biological father's, I went to work. And after work there were more errands. It was a very interesting day, but I'm pretty tired tonight. Thankfully, the weather is cooler and we will hopefully have a solid night's sleep.

Mom, my haircut looks pretty good, but it's just a shock how dark my hair has become! I've gone from blonde to light-auburn-brown, to nearly black!

Karen, I did manage to post Country! Hooray!

Dianne, thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. As I said in my earlier email, it's nearly too pretty to use!

Carol and Patti, we'll be meeting in about 2 weeks' time! WOW!

Wishing you all a joy-filled weekend!

PS: I changed my template slightly because I wasn't quite comfortable with my "stolen" picture, so this is the lavender that grows in front of our house.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


8 Comments:


  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Blogger Carol

    Hi - what are the dates of your trip? I am getting very excited!! I will email you my cellphone number so we can be in touch when you get to Maine! Yay!!!

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger Unknown

    I hope Max has a good time with his Dad, does he live in Holland?

    Your blog looks lovely and what a great mail day.

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger Anna

    I love the lavender : ) Congrats on being accepted, you must be so excited!

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger Cathy B

    Just two weeks until your trip to Maine? It's almost here.....!

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger Nona

    What a very busy day! I'm sure that you are over the moon about being formally accepted into your course!

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger Casa Pearl

    Lucky you to have such gorgeous lavendar. I can't wait to get together with you and Carol. I'll reply to your email over the weekend.

     
  • At Sunday, 09 July, 2006, Blogger Susimac

    Great news about the formal acceptance it always seems so definite then doesn't it. You sound as though you are getting all excited (and no wonder) about the holiday, and I love your bookmark its so pretty.

     
  • At Monday, 10 July, 2006, Blogger Von

    More changes! I really like that the lavendar pic is of your own plants. :)
    I wish I could fly to the NE to meet with you and the others while you are on this side of the pond! I know you're going to have a fabulous time and I hope it's restful for you too.