06 July 2006
thanks, Dianne!
Dianne surprised me with this lovely collage that she made from blog postings I've done over the months. It's lovely, Dianne - thanks so much!!!



Today I called the school that I hope to attend in September - I hadn't heard anything from them since sending in my application nearly two weeks ago. The man I spoke with acknowledged they were behind in their paperwork, but my application had been received and it didn't seem there would be any reason why I wouldn't be accepted. So, if all goes well, in three years' time I will be a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist. It will require some changes in our family life, but Niek assures me he is up to caring for Nicky and Rowen for a full day every other Saturday, and Max's biological father is also willing to adjust his visitation schedule to coincide with the classes. Phew!

Our trip to Maine is getting closer & closer. Hooray! We are all so excited. Nicky said he was going to ride his bike to America after breakfast today. Does it get any cuter?? I will be able to update my blog from my Mom's house, though obviously on a very irregular basis.

I did a little more work on Jim's gift today, but it's just too hot to stitch. My hands feel sweaty, and that's just so unappealing!

Thanks to everyone for your great comments on my new look. I'm very happy with it. Today I managed to get pictures in my sidebar, which was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Still have to work on the Haloscan thing, but I'm sure it will turn out to be something simple in the end.

Take care, all!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 10:12 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


7 Comments:


  • At Thursday, 06 July, 2006, Blogger The Sampler Girl

    Hey sweetie,
    I LOVE your new look!!! It's beautiful. I know you're looking forward to your Maine trip. Take care.

     
  • At Thursday, 06 July, 2006, Blogger Susimac

    Love the collage that Dianne has done for you. Not long til you go on holiday - have a wonderful time.

     
  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Blogger Anna

    How exciting! Yes, I can definitely see you as an accupuncturist because you are always helping people : ) And lol at Nicky...what a character!

     
  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Blogger Dianne

    Glad you likes your 'wall'. A friend over at tribe got a few of us hooked making them. It's a great way to play on a rainy or hot afternoon.
    I think it's great you are going to be a herbalist and accupuncturist! I take milk thistle every day and it keeps my liver enyzmes in check. Good stuff.

     
  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Blogger Von

    Glad you're getting all the logistics in place and that everyone is on board for your new adventure! Now just relax and enjoy that well-earned, much-needed vacation. :D

     
  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Blogger Wendy

    Wonderful new look for your blog! Congratulations on getting everything working (luckily for me, my daughter is very computer-savvy). And great news about being accepted into your course! That sounds so interesting. Will it be full time or part time?

     
  • At Friday, 07 July, 2006, Blogger Nona

    How awesome that you have been accepted into your course program! The herbalist part of it sounds really cool, I'm not too sure about the acupuncture part of it though...

    Glad that your trip preparations are going well!