15 June 2006
how did she know?
The mailman surprised me today with an unexpected packet. Very curious, I snapped it up before the kids could get at it and saw Cathy's name on the return address. By now I was very, very curious and quickly opened it up and found much-longed for Gingher scissors and a long-admired chart from The Cat's Whiskers for the Red Desert Scissor Pocket - with Dinky Dyes fibers and button! In her sweet card, Cathy explained this was a late birthday gift. It was also a "pick me up after too many sleepless nights and too many illnesses" gift! Thanks so much, Cathy! But how did you know how much I wanted these two items?? I don't remember ever mentioning it to anyone. You must've been reading my mind!



I've been "gambling" a bit on eBay lately (one of the hazards of listing items is that I spend too much time nosing around on the site) and won two gorgeous calendars from the Danish Handwork Guild. I am so eager to receive them, but the seller still hasn't answered my question about the shipping fee. (A serious pet peeve of mine is sellers who don't respond promptly to questions!) I also snagged a couple of pieces of fabric from Karen, though I missed the patterns I wanted. Now I really need to stay off the site till my own items are ready to ship out!

Max is feeling a lot better and will return to school tomorrow - just in time for me to get back to the office on my regular Friday schedule. Knock on wood, Nicky and Rowen haven't caught whatever he had.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 10:33 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


4 Comments:


  • At Friday, 16 June, 2006, Blogger Unknown

    What a lovely gift from Cathy. I have a pair of gingher scissors and you won't be disappointed.

     
  • At Friday, 16 June, 2006, Blogger Unknown

    P.S. Great to hear that Max is feeling better now and that the other two haven't caught it.

    Enjoy your day at work and have a great weekend.

     
  • At Friday, 16 June, 2006, Blogger Von

    That Cathy is a doll! That's a gorgeous pair of Ginghers. Having and using beautiful tools enhances your precious stitching time immensely!

    Glad those bugs have moved out of your house!

     
  • At Saturday, 17 June, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    oooh- those Ginghers are lovely- I am a Gigher addict . They are the best scisors, but I have never seen the scissor case chart before- must add to the ever growing list :-)