14 June 2006
warning: you are entering a sleep-free zone

Even Niek admits it is beginning to feel like a conspiracy - we can't get any sleep. First, Nicky was having trouble with nightmares and fear of the dark. Then everyone came down with colds and other ailments. Then I came down ill. Then it got too hot to breathe, let alone sleep. Last night we had a thunderstorm and we both thought, "Relief at last!" But Max woke up with pain in his stomach. After some consultation we worried about how much his symptoms seemed like the onset of appendicitis, so at 2 am Niek ran him over to the doctor. It doesn't appear to be appendicitis, but no one is really sure what it is. Max still doesn't feel well, but the pain in his abdomen is much less so we are monitoring the situation. Or at least, I'm trying to keep my eyes open to monitor the situation. Poor Niek had to go to work, where we are undergoing a spot inspection by a big new potential client. Whoopee!

I did manage to make the time to list some stuff on eBay if anyone is interested in looking. I've got to make room for the stuff I know I will buy in the US, and there's just no point in hanging on to charts/kits I know I won't do (or I've done once and won't do again). I haven't listed on eBay in a long time because I felt like I was just giving it away, but this time I'm being very strict with myself. LOL.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 1:40 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, 14 June, 2006, Blogger Von

    Poor Barbara!! It does appear the stars are out of alignment for you. I'm sure you will keep watch over Max. Chances are it is nothing, but it still could be appendicitis too.

    My Kyle had upset stomach and vomiting two weeks following a viral stomach flu we all had. It was not a return of the flu but the virus had settled in his appendix causing it to inflame. When the pain localised, I got him to the ER right away. Tests showed nothing, but the surgeon examined him and said to get this boy into surgery. They got to him just in time, it was ready to rupture.

    Good luck with your Ebay sales!

     
  • At Thursday, 15 June, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    I hope your sleep situation improves rapidly. Hugs to Max.

     
  • At Friday, 16 June, 2006, Blogger Unknown

    Looks like we've both been rushing around like headless chickens where our kids are concerned, just recently.

    I'm just catching up on your blog and then heading to bed to see if I can get a couple of uninterrupted hours myself.