12 June 2006
hot & lazy weekend


Whew, summer arrived in full force this weekend and it's only supposed to get hotter and more humid this week! We took it easy this weekend and had a great time. Nicky is learning how to bike on Max's old bike and both he and Rowen are very excited about this new development. Rowen was very angry that she couldn't use a real bike, too, but now she's insisting that Nicky chauffeur her dolly around on the back of his bike. I snapped this picture of our wee beasties early yesterday morning in the back yard.

I stitched on my charity square, completing Dumbo and beginning the lower half of the design, which is an old-fashioned car and some cavorting clowns. I had hoped to finish it this weekend, but I'm just too slow. I'll have to set it aside to get the last few stitches in Annemarie's NRR so I can post that to Rachael on time. I'm looking forward to receiving Carol's NRR from Annemarie and beginning that one. Carol's has a totally different look, so it will be fun to see what I come up with for a design.

Our Maine vacation is coming ever nearer and we are all terribly excited. It's a major topic around the house. I just can't wait!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:24 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Monday, 12 June, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    Your wee beasties are so cute. Rowan will be riding the bike before you know it. We to are enjoying the weather although, I think it is a little hot for the dog. I can't wait to get Annemarie's RR , I am going to run to the post office with yours as soon as I am done typing this.