21 May 2006
friends and fun
Easing my way back into socializing ... or bursting back into a social life with a big bang. We went to visit friends of Niek's on Saturday and it was fun. They've got a great little girl who's just a bit younger than Rowen and the kids all got along wonderfully. Mainly because little Emma didn't mind my wild beasties taking over all her toys and her living room and trying to boss her around. She was up to the challenge! Being in a mentally-impaired mood, I forgot to bring my camera, so you'll have to take my word that everyone had fun.

And today, Ash came over for a visit with Brad, Seb, and Joe. Ash is great! I'm so glad we finally met, after several "almosts" over the past 6 months or so, and I hope we'll get together with some regularity now. Brad is really funny and was also a good sport about Spin the Cat shedding all over him. Seb is a smart, funny kid who whipped my boys right into shape and had everyone playing happily in no time. Joe was happy playing with the cars and garage and making sure no cookies or cake were left over. Naturally, I forgot to take any pictures while they were here, but here are pics of the adorable over-one bunny ornament that Ash made us and the chart with fibers that she gave me. Thanks, Ash!!



And to end, here's something pretty I picked up from Bert's blog. If you'd like to give it a try, go here.

I am from forests, from Buster Browns and Howard Johnsons.
I am from the rural, coastal, tangy-salt-smelling coast.
I am from the fir trees, blueberry blossoms, & rocky beaches; the fiddleheads, roadside lupins & gravel pits.
I am from "boys will be boys" and "a job worth doing is worth doing well", from sports-minded brothers and older step-sisters and the Davises.
I am from the ignore-it-if-its-unpleasant and good-girls-don't-do-that.
From "don't sit on a public toilet" and "don't spit".
I am from the Protestant work ethic, even if we don't go to church.
I'm from the west coast, the southwest desert, and the Maine coast, cheddar cheese dinner packs, and Sno-Ball treats.
From the grandfathers who ran off to join the circus, who never spoke without reason, and who always made me smile; the grandmothers who could heal all hurts from the safety of their kitchens; and the places I never really fit into.
I am from attics and unpacked boxes, the yellowing pages forgotten in a move, the memories remembered only just before sleep takes us.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 5:55 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments: