30 May 2006
pretty posies

I haven't been stitching as much as I'd like to, but at least I don't have the feeling that I'm stitching in slow motion anymore. I've finished up two small quilt squares that I'll send to Friends To Seniors for 'any quilt' requests. Normally, I'd send them to OECS, but it's been months (and months) since the database was updated and I'm just totally unclear on what's going on. Oh well, good time to try something new. I like the Two Carnations design - it's an oldie from Prairie Schooler - and I'll do it again for another project. The other carnation is lifted from Another Carnation Sampler by Elizabeth's Gardens. I love the full design and will get to stitching it one of these days! And today I worked on Annemarie's neighborhood for a couple of hours. There are three more sheep, half a lupin, a pond, and the outline of a hill. I'm worried I've put in too much green, which I know is not Annemarie's favorite color. I was worried that I'd stuffed the block too full, but Annemarie has assured me that's no worry.

I have not been stitching as much as I'd like - or doing much else that I'd like to do - because the miscarriage has caused "rare" complications. I spent yesterday at the hospital and then in bed, and will have to go back tomorrow. The whole thing has become a sort of unending nightmare. But the time I do manage to grab for stitching helps keep my feet planted firmly on the ground.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:07 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, 31 May, 2006, Blogger Von

    These carnations are so pretty, Barb! I'll have to take a peek over at the Neighborhood blog to see if you have a pic of Annemarie's piece - I know it's wonderful!
    Prayers for swift recovery and healing, my friend.

     
  • At Wednesday, 31 May, 2006, Blogger Kitty Couture

    Those squares are lovely, Barbara. I'm glad that stitching is helping you.
    I am so sorry to read your bad news... You are in my constant thoughts. ((((hugs)))) and love to you!