27 May 2006
decisions, decisions
Thank you one & all for your suggestions regarding Jim and Gaby's wedding gift! Ultimately, the final vote was theirs, and they chose for The Pennsylvania-German Stocking, by Carriage House Samplings. It might interest you to know, that overall you also chose this design! The stocking came out first, with Green Tree lagging back for a pretty far second place. There were only one or two votes for the mini band sampler. Thank you everyone! Now to await my silk order from Vicki Clayton - luckily, she's always very fast with shipping so I expect the silks will arrive by the end of next week.



Tonight I've finally finished Winnie the Pooh, for troostquilts (a Dutch charity quilt group headed up by Judith). It actually only took me a few days to do, but it felt longer. LOL. Winnie came out pretty cute, and I'm hoping he'll make a sick little girl smile every time she sees him.

And now? Max has asked that I please finish up his bunny (March Hare by Blackbird Designs), but I'd also like to finish Annemarie's neighborhood up and send it on to Rachael. I've got a hill left to put in ... borrowed from a design from The Workbasket. I was worried I'd over-filled Annemarie's block, but she assures me that I haven't. Phew! I've had such a great time working on it.

Tonight, Niek & I are nestled in front of the TV, playing chess (him) and cross stitching (me). It's been raining for days now, but on an evening like this, it feels very cozy. I wish all those who have a long weekend plenty of rest & relaxation. And for the rest of us, simply a pleasurable weekend filled with love & laughter.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:05 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Saturday, 27 May, 2006, Blogger lyssophietje

    That winnie is really really cute :). I know for sure that my nice (for whom the quilt is) is gonna smile everytime she sees it:).

    And I found myself another blog to visit often;). It's really addictid:p

    Happy stitching!

    Mirjam

     
  • At Sunday, 28 May, 2006, Blogger Suz

    Winnie is adorable. Congrats :)

    And that sounds like a very lovely comfy night.

     
  • At Tuesday, 30 May, 2006, Blogger Von

    Hi Barbara! Can't wait to see that stocking worked up - it'll be stunning I'm sure :D
    More rain?? It's been rainy here in Boise over the weekend, but it feels great after all the heat we had a couple of weeks ago. Hope you get some sunshine soon.