08 June 2006
tempus fugit
Whew, June is flying by me. Help! Instead of being able to leisurely complete a few deadline projects, I find myself sweating the looming deadlines - I guess I am still stitching slower than usual. Or something.

Most important to finish up are Annemarie's NRR (I haven't put a stitch in it since my last update) and a funny project that had me laughing hysterically last night when I packed it up at bedtime. Anyone who can correctly identify the subject of this project will recieve a stash pack from me. (Note: the picture is not necessarily right-side-up.)



Edited to add: This project is a WIP. I'll try to post another picture tonight of my progress. :)

The kids and I are slowly recuperating. I have bronchitis and sinusitis, and the doc prescribed antibiotics. Nicky has a bacterial infection of the skin and she prescribed a salve that is working miracles. Rowen has 'fifth disease' - a harmless childhood viral infection that just makes her look awful but she feels fine. Niek and Max are battling colds. I'll soon be off to the store to buy some more vitamin C supplements! If only we'd get (and keep!) some warm, dry weather ... I hate to complain, knowing that other areas are suffering droughts. The sun is out this morning, though, so that's a great start.

Our upcoming trip to Maine is coming ever nearer. Max may be as excited about it as I am - he mentions it about 5 times every day. LOL! He can't wait to see his grandparents and play with his Grammie's dog. I'll soon need to start making lists of what to pack, what to buy while there, and so on. I can't wait!

Oh, before I forget, Natty tagged me. Here are my answers (I filled it out as soon as we came home, so the answers are a little dated now):
5 things in my fridge
Old milk (we forgot to give it to the neighbors before leaving for the weekend)
Philly cream cheese
sliced sandwich cheese
red peppers
apple juice

5 items in my closet
a pair of pants that needs to be hemmed
a black skirt I've worn once
several dress-up shirts I've not worn in years
a wool sweater that's too big but I like it anyway
a pair of shorts

5 items in my handbag/purse/tote
diaper & wipes
kitted-out charity project
kitted-out gift project
kitted-out March Hare project
a race car

5 items in my car
children's books
legos
chewing gum
tissues
hay (Max had his bunny in the car)

5 people to tag
If you read this, you're it!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:12 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Thursday, 08 June, 2006, Blogger Lelia

    I have NO CLUE what the WIP is. Maybe a cat in a dress!!! LOL

    Enjoy the day!

     
  • At Friday, 09 June, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    When are you leaving? We are going on the 26th and not quite excited yet- ned to get through the last days of scool first. Alexander had 5th disease once when we were to fly to the states. I dressed him in long pants and a long sleeve shirt and a ball cap and hoped no one would look close :-) It sounds like you have everything under control though-just like me- ha ha ha .