13 June 2006
that was fun!
I just finished my block for Annemarie's neighborhood and I just have to tell you all how much fun I've had stitching this. I was just looking over my original rough sketch of what I'd stitch, and I can only laugh. Talk about adding on, and adding on! I like the full, cozy look of the block (especially now that Annemarie has set my mind at ease about the block being overfull). The design is made of borrowings from Carriage House Samplings (Goose, HoHRH house 11), The Goode Huswife (Dutch Strawberries), Elegant Designs (An All American Garden), The Workbasket (Country), Shepherd's Bush (Earth Song), Brightneedle (Four Friends Sampler), and Prairie Moon (EIEIO) - favorites of Annemarie, myself, or the both of us. Annemarie enjoys barns and sheep, and I love birds, so those are pretty key elements. I also had fun "texturizing" this block by using different sorts of fibers and blends. You can read more about it, and see the incredible block that Rachael made on my neighborhood, over at Our Neighborhood blog.

 
posted by mainely stitching at 12:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, 13 June, 2006, Blogger Von

    A very sweet block, Barbara! It's been great fun to see each block stitched, reflecting owner's and stitcher's tastes.

     
  • At Tuesday, 13 June, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    I have no idea what I am going to do with this it is so bright and happy. I am excited to get it I am going to take it to the states with me and then to the best LNS I know and hope for inspiration.

     
  • At Friday, 16 June, 2006, Blogger Unknown

    I love your piece for the RR. Beautiful work.