22 July 2006
Here we are: We are here
I've read Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" too many times, I fear. LOL!

So, I'm sitting at my Mom's desk writing this, looking out on an endless vista of green growing things. The kids are playing on the deck because it rained in the night and the grass is still too wet to play in. This is the beginning of our second full day here, and we're having a wonderful time!

The trip over went much better than we expected - in regard to Nicky and Rowen's behavior on the planes and during the layover - but I have to say that the stewardesses on Continental are the most unfriendly, child-disliking stewardesses that I have ever encountered in all the years I've been flying (years which number more than I really want to admit to). I don't intend to start anything by saying that, but I was (and am) just appalled at how rude these women were. Our kids stayed seated the whole time, didn't cry or fight or complain. They did put their window shades up and down and push the call button repeatedly - we asked them to please just ignore it if our call button went on, but that wasn't good enough. Oh well.

This afternoon, my brother and his family will arrive for a Down East lobster feast. I haven't seen them in two years, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Not much on the stitching front - I have stitched the "w" of a LHN design. LOL.

Wishing you all the best!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 3:02 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments: