16 July 2006
it's done!
I've just finished Gaby and Jim's wedding gift - hooray! This is "Sweet Child" by Brightneedle, stitched on 32 ct Bo Peep Pink from Silkweaver using Vikki Clayton silks. I used several silks from one of her great grab bags, but the other colors used are Kelp (the lighter green), Brown Rust (the pink flowers), Brown Ale (the baskets), and Walnut (the wording). I am in love with the Walnut, which is so much softer and warmer stitched up than it looks in the skein. I've decided to wait until we get to Maine to have it framed, to avoid problems from any misfortunate handling of my suitcases.



It's very hot today, but the kids have played outside nearly all day. Niek's been off visiting his best friend, who has a birthday today. I've been thinking of all the places I want to go to when we get to Maine while I've been stitching. I can't wait to get there!!

I hope this finds you all having a wonderful weekend!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 5:16 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments: