02 December 2005
finally, houses of hawk run hollow

I've wanted to splurge on this chart for a long time, and finally during one of the recent Stitching Bits & Bobs sales I bought it! It just came in today - and if it's possible, I like it even better than before!! (Picture courtesy of Wyndham Needleworks.)

Also included in the order were some very yummy beads & fibers I'll need for Rowen's fairy ("What Are You Looking At?" shown in Nov. 11th post) and for "Bunnies in the Garden" (also shown 11/11). The frequent sales SB&B has run the past month or two have totally done me in - other than my FOTM, I am strictly forbidding myself to make any purchases. If this works, who knows - maybe I could even stick to a diet after the holidays. LOL

Thanks to everyone for their helpful & supportive comments regarding charity coordinaters and knitting. Niek is now claiming he can't remember how to cast on and therefore can't show me how. I could actually see his nose growing as he said it. That's okay, I'll keep trying. As I mentioned earlier, stubborness is one of my most noticeable traits.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 2:56 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Friday, 02 December, 2005, Blogger Lelia

    Your new pattern is so neat. You should enjoy working on the variety of homes/houses. I don't knit or crochet -- tried & didn't get the hang of it. Good luck learning.

     
  • At Friday, 02 December, 2005, Blogger Von

    Wow! That's a huge project!! Are you planning to stitch it as shown? Of course, it's twelve smaller designs in one, so easy to break it down into smaller "bites"! :) It'll be a beautiful addition to your home!

    Stubborness is as valuable a trait as patience :)