06 January 2006
squinting in frustration
Yesterday I started Rowen's Itty Bitty Pear doll and made surprisingly good progress for a slow stitcher. I had so much fun using some of the new silk fibers I got in Wednesday's stash pack!! Today I had to work at the office (gotta support my habit somehow, right?) and spent the day looking forward to getting back to the doll. But by the time we tucked the kids in bed, my eyes had become so irritated that it actually hurt to focus on the stitching. So no progress pics tonight, I fear.

This weekend we plan to finally assemble the correct bookcase for the nursery - after three trips to Ikea during peak holiday shopping times, I don't think I ever want to step foot into that store again. So I sure hope the bookcase isn't missing any vital parts! We did get all the other rearranging done in the nursery and it looks so nice in there. Pictures.... I've already promised some to my mom, so I will post some here, too.

School resumes on Monday and our lives will return to some semblance of normalcy. The past two weeks have been very full and noisy and chaotic. Kids bring the magic into living, but they sure bring a lot of noise and mess along, too! LOL We enjoyed being able to do more Max-oriented things this vacation than we've been able to in the recent past, now that Nicky and Rowen are getting old enough to take out for more than a few hours at a time.

I'm off to rest my eyes, and the rest of the package, in bed. Hopefully they'll feel normal again tomorrow, since I can finally try out my new contact lenses!

On a parting note, I want to tell Becky how much I have enjoyed meeting her and getting to know her, what a postive impact her blog had on my own stitching long before I even contacted her for the first time, and how much I've enjoyed her generosity and kindness. There are lots of wonderful people in the world, and I count myself very fortunate to have met so many of them. It is very sad that the few nasty, mean-spirited, trouble-sowing people garner so much more attention. They truly are not worth it. Before you go any further, take a moment to think of a few people who've had a positive impact on you - and go on with a happy heart.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 10:40 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Saturday, 07 January, 2006, Blogger Von

    So sorry to hear you have strained your eyes! Hope a good night's rest will remedy :)
    Had to chuckle about your Ikea trips. In October my dd and dsil stopped by the Seattle area store on a Saturday. They knew the crowds would be bad, but my dd wanted a couple of things. Well, it was some kind of anniversary celebration and half the town was at Ikea! My dsil isn't exactly enamored with large crowds - they didn't stay long, lol!! Even my dd was happy to leave :)