10 March 2006
now where did *that* come from?
Gosh, I laughed myself silly last night. Till it occurred to me that my belly suddenly didn't have that pleasantly 'over-laughed' feeling, but something more ominous. Maybe I overdid it at yoga, I rationalized, and went up to pour a bath. Instead of feeling better, I emerged feeling absolutely wretched. Childbirth doesn't even cast a shadow on how bad I feel when I have the Dreaded Stomach Flu. Poor Niek was worrying over me when we heard the unmistakable sounds of Nicky joining in his Mommy's misery. It was an interesting night. Poor Niek had to play nursemaid and cleaning lady, and even had to stay home today. Tonight, when we were putting the kids to bed (everyone feeling reasonably alright again), Max found a chunk of apple by the door. "Now where did that come from?" he wondered. His dad told him he really didn't want to know.

Ah, but some good things appeared today, too! Just a few days ago, I ordered all three of Tanya's new March releases. You have got to look a them! And amazingly enough, all three arrived today! Tanya, thank you so much for packing them in plastic. Our moronic mailman left our mail out in the pouring rain today. grumble grumble I also received my Silkweaver FOTM, which was two very nice pieces of blue fabric. Normally blue isn't my color, but these are really nice: Seaside Melody and Blue Fusion. Nicky told me they were for Daddy. :-) I'm assuming he means I'm supposed to make something for Niek on them, rather than Niek picking up a needle and joining me. I think that would be really nice, actually, but he's very happy with the hobbies he currently has.

I didn't get much done on HoHRH today, just feeling altogether too awful for most of the day. Glad you all enjoyed my little progress pic yesterday. ;D And yes, I do railroad! LOL!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 8:17 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


4 Comments:


  • At Saturday, 11 March, 2006, Blogger Von

    What a day, Barbara! It's really bad when Mom gets sick. Glad you and Nicky are better now. :D

     
  • At Saturday, 11 March, 2006, Blogger Von

    What a day, Barbara! It's really bad when Mom gets sick. Glad you and Nicky are better now. :D

     
  • At Sunday, 12 March, 2006, Blogger Bert

    Re. stomach flu.

    I had it two weeks ago (or something similar). I so sympathise.

    Awful.

    Nice to know it's worse than childbirth though lol!

     
  • At Monday, 13 March, 2006, Blogger Carina

    The four kids and I have all had the stomach flu too this winter, so you have my complete empathy! And Niek has David's; he too had to play nursemaid and cleaning lady since he was the only one in the family who didn't get sick!