26 April 2006
clowning around

Today is the final day of Max's mini clown course, and it will end with a presentation for the parents (& siblings) of the newly-graduated clowns. I've got our wonderful DVD recorder all charged up with a fresh disc, ready to go. We've even got an "order" for a copy of it (Max's best friend is also in the course, and his mom would like a copy). I wish I could send a copy to my parents, but discs made here will not play on DVD players in the US, and vice-versa. How annoying! One of my pet peeves, but I'll stay off my soapbox for now.

Though the day began dark & gloomy, the sun is out now, and the kids have had a great time playing outside. I've dusted off my old Canon SLR camera and take a real roll of film of the kids. If the pictures come out, I'll scan them and share them when our new computer arrives. Yep, you read that right - Niek really did order a new computer yesterday, and it should arrive next week. Hooray!!

Last night I worked on Annemarie's RR for a bit, stitching the goose from CHS G is for Goose alphabet series over one. Phew, that was not the best evening project to do. I know Annemarie's linen isn't really 40 count, but it was beginning to feel that way! I also did one letter on the CHS Primitive Stocking, which is also over one on 36 count. Today I've been lazy and have just enjoyed being outside with the kids.

I'll leave you now with a picture of Pipo the Clown, Max's favorite, in his fascinating little travel wagon.

 
posted by mainely stitching at 2:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, 26 April, 2006, Blogger Von

    Sounds like a great day planned, Barbara! Good luck to Max, I'm sure he'll be superb. :D
    Hurray for Niek - he did it!! You'll be in computer heaven when it's all up and running.

     
  • At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    Yeah for Niek for ordering the new computer and break a leg for max with his clown performance- sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the pix.