13 April 2006
birthdays and other happenings


Hi everyone. My electronic woes continue, I fear! I tried to post a couple of days ago (on Max's birthday), but neither photobucket nor blogger would load pictures and after half an hour or more of trying, I gave it up. Our rotten, horrible work-issued replacement computer not only refuses to accept our camera or scanner, but it is now developing other problems ... such as eating my email before I've seen it. Though Niek has said he'll buy a new computer, we still don't have one. It's terribly frustrating, and I feel quite guilty about not keeping this blog up the way I want to. There, I'm done complaining! Sorry!!



The big news this week has been Max's birthday. Our 'baby' is now 8 years old!! We had the family party on Sunday, which was relaxed and fun. That evening, our neighbors also came over, which was a treat. On Monday, we had Max's 'knights and princesses' party, which was a huge success. I did take a lot of pictures, and just as soon as Niek is able to upload them at work (which hasn't been possible this week due to meetings, being out of the office, etc.), I will post them. Max also started a clown course this week, and had his first lesson yesterday. He was pretty nervous about it, but his best friend is also attending, and the boys had a great time yesterday. Nicky wanted to stay and become a clown, too, and demonstrated just how extroverted he is!



It's hard to believe that Max is already 8. Another two years and he'll be taller than me! Our shoes are already nearly the same size. Happy post-birthday, Max!!





 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:07 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


5 Comments:


  • At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Lelia

    I enjoyed viewing all of the pictures you posted of Max. Time does fly quicker than we realize!

    Hang in there with the computer ills. Even a krap computer is better than NONE.

     
  • At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Carol

    Happy Birthday Max!!

    I echo Lelia - hang in there, we miss you, but we love you and will wait :-) I can't believe how quickly your trip to New England is approaching now! Yay!

     
  • At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    Happy Birthday to Max!!!
    I hope your computer woes are soon solved. I know how difficult it can be.

     
  • At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Von

    Happy birthday, Max!
    A big 8-yo boy now, what a great age!! I often miss those days of having only young children, when they're so full of life and happy. People comment to me that my kids all seem so happy, but it's not like when they were little. :)
    Hope Niek decides to get that new computer soon. It's such a hard choice to make these days!

     
  • At Saturday, 15 April, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Sorry to hear you're still continuing to have computer woes! Hopefully you can settle down in some free time and choose something soon :) Love the piccies of Max - happy belated birthday, Max!! :D