16 March 2006
needle case made a safe arrival
As part of the March Brightneedle SAL (StitchingSmallsSAL), I made "Home" into a needle book for Maria S. and it's already arrived! She was kind enough to scan it for me and adds the following text to accompany the picture:

"Here's a scan of the needlecase. Because it came from Holland I added a braclet my Belgian grandfather found way before the last war. All the coins date from 1925 except one that is 1917."

The verse on the back reads "Sharp or dull here they dwell". It's a phrase and design I came up with myself. Below that are Maria's initials and mine with a heart in between. It's all stitched over one except two of the letters from the back and the 'frame' around the front design. The intent was to look a bit primitive, not like an ambitious 5 year old did it. LOL

Today's Thursday, which means HoHRH. The weather is gray and if it doesn't rain today, I'll be very surprised. It's also our Four Kids Day, as Max's best buddy will come over for the afternoon. Max is very eager to show his new bunny off to his best pal. Gilbert is flying loose, trying to steal bread crusts from the kids' breakfast leftovers. Just a normal morning here... :-)

Sorry for yesterday's self-pitying post, and thanks for your understanding. I plan to work on Niek a bit more tonight about getting a real computer that can actually do everything. Cross your fingers!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:45 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Friday, 17 March, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    This came out really well and I love your little poem. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a new computer. The computer is really how I kep in touch with my family and friends and I know how frustrating it can be when it just doesn't work the way you want it to.