25 March 2006
spring is in the air, and I'm playing catch-up

Today is the first day that I can really feel Winter's grasp slackening. The sky is blue, the birds are busy, and the air has that smell of spring. Finally! Though it wasn't at all a tough winter, it has felt like a very long one. I got a huge shock when I realized that our wedding anniversary is less than 2 months away - May just seemed like some unattainable goal until this morning. Fortunately, I have just the perfect little project to whip up for him, thanks to The Sampler Girl!


My better half surprised me by taking the camera in to work the other day and uploading the few pictures on it. Since I didn't know he was going to do that, I hadn't taken any recent pictures of projects, but I can finally show you the sea turtle that I did for Calen's quilt (Quilts4Kids) and my botched Dearest Friend ornament (which looks fine from the front side, but awful from the back - the finishing stitch I'd tried didn't hold, and I had to do a quick save to prevent the whole thing from unravelling). The turtle may well look familiar, as I did it in other colors for another quilt square - you can see it here. Now that I know Niek can upload pictures, I will send him to work with a loaded camera next week. I'm particularly eager to show Annemarie's RR, which is practically all I've worked on. Today I will also have to put in some overtime on a Lizzie*Kate mailart that's due on April 1st.

I hope wherever you are and whatever you're doing, it brings joy.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 3:36 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Sunday, 26 March, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Woohoo, you got piccies! ;P Your little fob looks gorgeous - if you didn't tell us about the mishap you had, you'd certainly never know from the photo! And your turtle looks awesome - your colour scheme really looks lovely ... I bet Calen will love it :) Can't wait to see what Niek is going to download next week ;P

     
  • At Sunday, 26 March, 2006, Blogger Bert

    Barbara, there are 7 DVD sets of Golden Girld series...!!!