24 March 2006
still here!
Hi everyone. Sorry to have disappeared for a week. Thank you to everyone who has contacted me to make sure I'm still on the right side of the grass and that nothing catastrophic has taken place. No meteors have hit our house, nor have I been abducted from aliens. I've just been kind of quiet this week. Not being able to post pictures sucks (excuse me for being so rude) and it does take a lot of the fun out of blogging. It's so fun to share projects as they evolve. But last night, Niek finally said we should get a replacement computer for home that does everything we need/want ... so watch this space. Hopefully it won't take ages to decide (laptop vs desktop) and purchase (store vs mail order).

What have I been doing? Stitching wise, I've worked on Annemarie's neighborhood RR and although I haven't done a whole lot, I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm using elements from a number of different designs, and am currently busy with the part that's borrowed from Prairie Moon's EIEIO design. That means some larger blocks of solid color, which I find a little bit tedious, but I like their designs so much that it's worth it. I haven't been stitching as much because I've been going to fitness more and because the kids have been demanding more Mommy Time during the day.

On the home front, it's been oddly busy lately. Thankfully, no one is ill or having any problems, it's just been a weird time. Does this come up in other families, too? I'm not sure how it will all unwind, but I'll keep you posted.

This weekend will not see enough hours dedicated to stitching as we are spending Sunday with Niek's sister at her new(ish) apartment. The kids and I have never been, though she's been living there for months, so a visit is long overdue.

Today, Max and Niek are at NEMO, a science museum in Amsterdam. It's Niek's first time as chaperone, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it so much I won't get a chance to do it for ages. LOL. For those who know him, Niek's truly gifted with kids - they love him, and vice-versa. Max was a little disappointed not to be in his Daddy's group, but kids are never assigned to their parents. However, Max's best buddy is in Niek's group and was very enthusiastic about it. I hope they're having fun.

As for me, I should be working. Better get back to it. Once again, thanks very much for checking in. Sorry to leave everyone in the lurch like that. I wish you all a very happy weekend.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:24 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


3 Comments:


  • At Friday, 24 March, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    ME too Barb, I have been out of touch due to house guests, husband home, and it's his birthday as well. I have been stitching and knitting in my free time and not been on the computer much. When it quiets down I will be back.

     
  • At Friday, 24 March, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    I haven't had much time free for blogging lately either, and am really behind with reading yet again! Can't wait for you to get a new computer - I miss seeing your progress piccies too! :) Sounds like the day at NEMO is going to be a blast :)

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger Von

    Glad you're getting a new computer for home use, Barbara! It's so hard to decide which kind, bells and whistles, and all. That's the kind of thing I leave to my dh who has a better-informed opinion than I do. Whatever your choice, it's going to be great!
    So it's been oddly busy? You have three young children and there's nothing odd about being busy, lol. Oddly quiet - that makes sense. :D