19 April 2006
midweek already?


It would seem that Monday was Spring. Yep, it was a one-day season. Glad we made the most of it, with a nice family bike ride after the rabbit hutch was assembled. It's been chilly, with too many gray skies, in the past two days. Not that that has bothered me too much - I'm totally preoccupied with getting to Maine in July! The first week we're there, we're staying with my dear friend Sara in SW Maine, which is over in the direction of Carol and Patti. Ladies, would you like to get together over at ABC Stitch Therapy (in Grantham, NH) sometime between the 24th & 29th?

Looking at the map, I noticed that Sara's also located quite near Campton, NH, which is where I spent several happy years of childhood. I'm thinking of dragging everyone over there to see how much it's changed, and to show my kids where I sort of grew up. We lived there from 1st grade through 5th grade, and I loved it! The picture is of the covered bridge that was within walking distance of where we lived - my brother I used to pick these amazing grasses that you could use for whistling, and real mint that you could chew, and lamb's ears that you could eat. We also tried our hand at fishing (the fish were perfectly safe) and at various forms of exploration. It was an idyllic spot where childhood never seemed to be rushed.

Today is the second day of Max's clown course. Next week they'll wrap it up with a performance for parents - I can hardly wait. Clown Mimi, who's teaching the course, is thinking of doing a follow-up course for the kids who'd like to learn a bit more. I hope she does!

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I hope it brings joy!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 8:55 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, 19 April, 2006, Blogger Von

    I'm getting so jealous of our Maine friends who will get to meet you in July!! You're going to have sooooo much fun. :D
    I was watching CNN World's report about all the flooding happening in E. Europe and all your miserable weather. I do hope the pattern changes real soon and you get a lovely high pressure system with lots of sunshine. And that it stays put for awhile.

     
  • At Wednesday, 19 April, 2006, Blogger Lelia

    oooohhh .... a clown clinic : ) How much fun could that be! Enjoy the performance. Enjoy the day. Spring really has sprung ... just moving in slow motion in your neck of the woods