22 October 2006
family and fur
Whew, time flies when you're having fun! I didn't intend to disappear for a few days - I just ran out of hours.



Everything is going great here at Chaos Central. Rigby is a wonderdog. He was top of the class during Thursday's training class and on Friday I taught him to run alongside my bike so I can combine two of my favorite things. He was so good at it that I dared bike Rowen downtown yesterday with Rigby trotting alongside. I also took him to work on Friday, which caused quite a bit of amusement. At the end of the day, a coworker said he'd much rather I bring the dog to work than my kids! LOL. Rigby spent most of the workday snoozing under my desk.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Spin is slowly getting used to Rigby - or should I say he's coming closer to admitting that Rigby is okay. This morning during our walk, Spin again trailed behind us (far enough away to look nonchalent if Rigby noticed him, but close enough to keep an eye on us). Spin didn't realize that he, in turn, was also being trailed by a cat even larger than he was. Suddenly, Spin found himself boxed in - either back up and have to fight the bigger cat, or walk forward and pass by Rigby. Rigby had noticed Spin by now and was staring at him very intently. Spin looked from the cat to the dog and back again, then visibily straightened out, sashayed over to Rigby to touch noses, glanced back at the other cat, and swaggered off. I was laughing so hard I nearly fell over!

Yesterday my boys went off for haircuts so they'd look extra-presentable for Niek's grandmother, who spent the day with us today. I managed to get some good shots of everyone, including Niek's brother Frank with the kids on the couch. Niek's grandma, by the way, is 86 and totally self-suffient despite a recently broken hip!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 8:22 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


4 Comments:


  • At Monday, 23 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL You described Spin's encounter brilliantly! I could just picture it.

     
  • At Monday, 23 October, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Oh, that story about Spin cracked me up ... you have such a wonderful way of telling a story, I feel like I was there! Thanks for the giggle! :D

     
  • At Monday, 23 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thankyou for my morning laugh :) Your story about Spin was wonderful!

     
  • At Tuesday, 24 October, 2006, Blogger Rachael

    Sounds like you are having fun with Rigby :-) Niek's grandma sounds wonderful- I hope I can be dong half as well when I am her age!