31 August 2005
netiquette and names
I sure would appreciate your input on this one. I've just discovered that a brand new blog is using the same name as my blog, though with a dash inserted. I've put a lot of thought into my blog name, have been using it for nearly 4 months, and even had this great redesign by Design A Blog. It's really my little home-away-from-home, my little touch of Maine way off here in Europe.

It's like coming home and finding some other woman playing with my kids or cooking in my kitchen, to be honest. It's quite unpleasant. Would anyone else feel this way, or am I total freak?

And where do I go from here? It's obviously important to me that my "space" here is unique - hardly possible when two blogs have the same name. Is it permissible to ask her to change her name (she's only got like 5 blog entries!) or what?
 
posted by mainely stitching at 12:02 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, 31 August, 2005, Blogger gemmak

    It would bug the hell out of me too but I doubt there is much you can do. Yu could try asking theowner of the other blog but if he/she says no then that's it I'm afraid.

    That's partly why I bought my domain, I can always run this from that if someone else takes up a similar blogger URL to mine...tho I imagine they will.

     
  • At Wednesday, 31 August, 2005, Blogger gemmak

    p.s.

    I can't find it!