26 January 2006
doin' laundry & goofin' around
That's what I've been up to.

Nicky sure isn't toilet training like his big brother did. I'll spare you the frustrating (and gross) stories. I'm just glad I bought extra laundry detergent when it was on sale!

I started Max's sea dragon last night, frogged some out this morning and re-did that bit. There's not enough to make an interesting progress photo, but the colors are really glorious together so far. I'm stitching it on a 32 ct Silkweaver solo that Carol sent me especially for this project. Thanks again, Carol!

I've been poking around in everyone's blog and found this funny game in Lee's: You type "Barbara needs" (using your own name, obviously) in Google and see what kind of silly things come up. Here are my top 10:

Barbara needs to maintain her unique charm.
Barbara needs to get out mor.e
Barbara needs to know.
Barbara needs some momentum.
Barbara needs new guts - help!
Barbara needs $80000.
Barbara needs to stay at the Country Club and keep herself away from the real world.
Barbara needs to be rewarded.
Barbara needs oxygen.
Barbara needs a decent Thai place.

I also saw a fun quiz on Bastet's blog that I promptly had to do. The results are actually pretty in line with my personality, even though I thought some of the questions were strange. (God of the Sea ran a close second, with 80% compared to Frigg's 90%.)


Which Norse God or Goddess are you most like?
created with QuizFarm.com

I also took the What Kind of Cat quiz that I've seen in everyone's blogs, but for some totally weird reason, I came out as a Persian. Even after answering that my hair is something that I sometimes remember to comb. I would say I'm much more of a barn cat.

It's been gray & gloomy today. I've been battling myself not to buy anything on eBay, even though the exchange rate is pretty darn adventageous right now. So far, I'm winning the battle. Tonight I have yoga, so I can stretch & twist all of today's sitting out of my body and go in to work tomorrow feeling reasonably fit.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 4:27 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Thursday, 26 January, 2006, Blogger Von

    Oh, Barbara, I'm so sorry about the extra laundry. Guess there's no gain without some pain, lol! Some kids, boys in particular, just don't seem to mind being wet and smushy. Maybe an "incentive" would work for him.