27 January 2006
guilt-free SEX
I bet that got your attention, didn't it?!

Today, Max and I renewed our library cards. To my surprise, nearly a whole year had passed since they expired. What can I say - the time has just breezed past me. Anyway, the library has actually bought books in the past year, including a radical expansion of the cross stitch section. While Max staggered out under his stack of animal-care books, I was staggering under a stack of cross stitch books just chockablock full of charts. Yippee! So that is my guilt-free SEX experience.

When we got home, I found out that my backordered Stitching Bits and Bobs order had arrived. Yippee again! Wow, this was such a delicious envelope to open. I wish I could've crawled right into that mass of rich color. These are the fibers I need to do the CHS alphabet series and a few others that just called out to me during a 25% off sale. Oh boy are they beautiful. You can't blame me for indulging, can you?



Some friends have been asking for a progress picture on Max's dragon, even though I keep saying there is no progress to show. I've only really stitched on it for a couple of hours, and had to frog a fair amount due to a missed symbol. But at least you can see how stunning the colors are: this is a Silkweaver solo from Carol and WDW grenadine.



I'm also signed up for a Bent Creek mailart exchange that I'm itching to begin. However, I've got my hopes up for a sunny weekend so I can finally catch up a bit on Miss Mary Mack and A Primitive Stocking. Both are being stitched over one and I just can't do it at night under lamplight. I need a daylight lamp and a magnifier!

At Cory's suggestion, I played another Google game (oh boy does that sound like a modern Dr. Seuss line!) using "Unfortunately, Barbara" while I was at work today. Fortunately, my boss didn’t catch me at it. Unfortunately, Barbara seems to be a name common to women of … another profession. Here’s the tragic story of another Barbara:
Unfortunately, Barbara lost her sleeping companion.
Unfortunately, Barbara's heart would break again when she learned that Andy wasn't
the upstanding young man she thought he was. (It all has to start someplace.)
Unfortunately, Barbara does not have an email address so you’ll need to phone
her at 973-729-9232. Her rates are reasonable.
Unfortunately, Barbara generally leaves us with wimpy fantasies more appropriate
for middle class school girls. (Hey, it’s a new career, she just needs to find her niche!)
Unfortunately, Barbara was unable to appear due to a prior commitment she had
with the dark lord Lucifer. (Well, at least she got a heavy-duty pimp.)
Unfortunately, Barbara has been made an escape-goat. (You know, separating the sheep from the goats …)
Unfortunately, Barbara has been shot dead. (It was bound to end tragically, wasn’t it?)

After this Friday silliness, I'm off to stitch something. I hope you're all in good health and high spirits!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 8:52 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Saturday, 28 January, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Oh, Barbara, ROTFLMAO with your "unfortunately, Barbara ..." comments - what a total crack up!!! Just what I needed this afternoon :D

     
  • At Saturday, 28 January, 2006, Blogger Von

    Beautiful floss, Barbara!! I love playing in my floss drawers periodically and I hear them calling me now :)