30 January 2006
mischief managed
This weekend I again attempted to participate in the Monday Check-In (through the Friends Gather group) and again managed to nearly avoid stitching all weekend long! My project this time was Max's sea dragon. Here are my before & after pictures, and you can see that I didn't get much done!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have learned a lot about comment moderation this weekend too. I extend my apologies to everyone regarding the petty escalation that occurred in my comments section, particularly to Joanna. Thank you for your support and common sense!

Tomorrow we have a parent-teacher conference with Max's teacher and we are very curious how it will unfold. Max is a smart kid, but a very marginal student. I plan to bring in the library books he checked out, and which he has read on his own. They're pet-care books, not specially written for kids. There have been a couple of words that I haven't known! (Before you start to wonder about that, the books are in Dutch, and I still have a lot to learn even after 8 years here.) He's also taught himself to read in English, which his teacher found incredible.

Our younger two beasties will very soon celebrate their birthdays and we plan to have a family party on Sunday and a friends party (at the daycare) on Friday. Lots of cooking and baking hours are coming up.

In short, I may not get as much stitching done as I'd like this week, but I hope you'll still come by to visit!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:03 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Monday, 30 January, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Even though you don't feel like you achieved much stitching with the sea dragon, you can definitely see the progress - can't wait to see more as it progresses :)

     
  • At Tuesday, 31 January, 2006, Blogger Von

    Anytime you get even a few stitches in, it's progress!! Love that background fabric, so will definitely be following watching as it unfolds :))
    So often the really smart kids are fair to middlin' students!!