31 January 2006
nice people
Yesterday was full of encounters with really nice people. How often does that happen? It was great!

No one's noticed, or at least not commented, that our neighborhood RR blog is named for the themesong of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. Now there was a Nice Guy. My oldest son has a few of his books, about being mad and sharing friends and stuff. They're perfect for kids of around 4 years old. Not that I ran into Mr. Rogers yesterday ... that would've been an encounter of another sort.

Here are my nice encounters (not counting my DH Niek who is always nice to me whether I deserve it or not!) in no particular order:

An eBay seller (knottyneedle) from whom I won several charts accidently charged me too little for shipping, and then told me to just leave it like that.

Yesterday I took some bread back to the supermarket that was mismarked - it was the second time I'd tried to buy honey & nut bread for the kids only to find out at home it was bell pepper bread (which they will not eat!). The manager not only gave me a loaf of the correct bread, but also refunded my money.

Friends Joanna and Gemmak helped me solve a problem that was really bothering me, so last night I could go to sleep without the problem nagging away at me & keeping me awake. Thanks you guys!

Two packets arrived from Michele of Acadian Corner - there was a mixup in my order and she sent out a second envelope that included two packs of DMC #28 needles at her cost. Thanks, Michele! (Look out - stash enabling photo!)

Image hosting by Photobucket

I received several emails from friends offering support & encouragement. I'm not sure if you want me to name you or not, so I will simply say thank you - you know who you are!

And Von, one of the nicest people I've met online, has tagged me. Oh no, more boring stuff about me. I'll keep it very non-controversial this time ;-) and give (mostly) grown up answers.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was living by myself in a 5 bedroom Victorian in Maine wishing I had kids and a partner to enjoy life with. (Look out what you wish for, it might come true!)

Five snacks you enjoy.
1. olives
2. wheat crackers
3. cucumbers
4. leftover pizza
5. chocolate

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics off your head right now.
All the lyrics, without making up any hazy bits in the middle?
I’m afraid they’d all be kids' songs, maybe one or two Christmas carols…

Five things you would do if you had one million dollars
1. Set up funds for each of our kids
2. Set aside enough for my parents to visit a couple of times
3. Buy a little place in Maine
4. Set aside enough for a trip to Japan when the kids are older
5. Do a mini-makeover on our home

Five bad habits.
1. Procrastination
2. Being impatient/cranky
3. Swearing
4. Being unable to relax
5. Staying up too late even though I’m tired

Five things you like doing:
1. Reading
2. Stitching
3. Talking with my family & friends
4. Doing stuff for/with my family
5. Daydreaming about ‘what if’

Five things you would never buy, wear or get new again.
1. a car
2. shoes that don’t fit comfortably
3. heels higher than 2 inches
4. a bikini
5. a wig

Five favourite toys
1. Crayons(ha ha!)
2. all my stitching stash
3. my computer
4. my camera & DVD recorder
5. did I mention my stitching stash?

Feeling nice, too? Go check out BookCrossing and commit some random acts of kindness. Thanks to Leeny for this link!
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:11 AM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, 31 January, 2006, Blogger Von

    Terrific list of 5s, Barbara!!
    There's something magical about opening a new box of crayons, isn't there!
    I did notice the name of your Neighborhood blog right off :) You had such a great day yesterday - you deserve it, even if you get grouchy, lol!!
    I've never heard of bell pepper bread! I'm sure it must be like onion bread, which I've even made. My kids would have a fit over little green things in their bread, lol!
    Thanks for your kind words about me too - it's a real day brightener :))

     
  • At Wednesday, 01 February, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    Yay, what a wonderful day you had - and very deserved too! :)) Glad to see the sense of humour hasn't diminished ;P