12 November 2006
rainy days are best for ...
stitching bookmarks? Well, a few years ago I would've said rainy days are best for reading but obviously my priorities have changed! LOL!

Today I finally made a start on the bookmarks that I want to send to Cathy to go toward her guild's adult literacy drive. I hope to do more, but at least I've managed to complete two. First up we have an older Heart In Hand freebie, "Be Ever Kind". I used my own colors to match the band (a piece I dug out of my stash).

And now for a very funny one from Bizzi Creations - this is also a freebie, "Pigs in a Row". I used some blinding pink silk overdyed floss for the pigs, and a VC for the grass. I hope someone finds it as humorous as I do!

My latest strategy to keep up with my schoolwork is to study a minimum of one hour per day, but it's already bedtime and I've been stitching all day. Think I can get two hours in tomorrow??

Happy birthday, Pepper. We love you.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 11:13 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments:


  • At Monday, 13 November, 2006, Blogger Anne S

    As I always say (especially with housework), why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? LOL. The bookmarks are cute - Cathy will love them, I'm sure :D