04 January 2007
that's it, no more, and this time I mean it!
Did I scare you? Nah, I'm not going to quit blogging or cross stitching or anything extreme like that. But I've given up on trying to complete X number of projects before buying any more stash. It's like quitting smoking - you either go cold turkey or you're chewing Nicodent forever.

So, I placed an order with Stitching Bits and Bobs during their Christmas sale for a number of charts that I plan to give away for upcoming exchanges and the birthday club and stuff (I can only pray that the order actually arrives in time - do you think 6 weeks is enough?). And I placed an order with Stitches N' Things for the DMC flosses I'm missing to complete the set. I was "only" missing about 50 colors, but every time I pick up a project, I'm missing at least one of the colors I need. Floss at my LNS just went up to a staggering 1.50 euro (that's $1.96 USD, folks) and when I had to purchase a skein of 400 for my neighborhood round robin, I said ENOUGH! SNT has it for 30 euro cents (40 cents in US funds), so even with the hefty shipping charges it's a huge savings. And I will finally have a full set. Now I need a place to keep them!

But I digress. Which I do so very easily lately. What I mean to say is, I've quit buying. My New Year's resolutions, such as they were, were to procrastinate less, buy less, and use what I have more. Sort of like Reduce, reuse, recycle but different.

No stitching picures here tonight, but if you wander over to our neighborhood blog in a couple of hours, you may see my house in Su's neighborhood. It's still a WIP, but there's finally enough to make a photo worthwhile.

Tomorrow we're off for a long weekend to say goodbye to the holiday season. It has been so wonderful to get up late and take our time with meals but on the other hand, the kids really miss the structure of our routine and now bicker over anything and everything. So we'll enjoy one last fling before going back to the grind.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 8:39 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


2 Comments:


  • At Thursday, 04 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    Blimey - I though floss was expensive here (about US$1). That's ridiculous!

    Good luck with the stash reduction/reuse plan. I'm on the wagon completely. Use up what you've got is my motto right now! And it's amazing what you can do with stuff when you have to! :)

     
  • At Friday, 05 January, 2007, Blogger Carol

    Good for you! I never got on that band wagon - it is too important to keep the shops in business :-)