06 December 2006
seasonal delights
Yesterday we celebrated Sinterklaas a.k.a. pakjesavond - the evening that Sinterklaas and/or his helpers deliver the kids' gifts, usually with a great deal of noise and excitement, but seldom ever being seen. (Our neighbors are just wonderful at this!) The kids had a lot of fun, and here are a few pictures of everyone except Gilbert and Nachtegaal enjoying their gifts (those two got gifts, too, but I forgot to take pictures of them.)(These first pictures are clickable.)







And now that Sinterklaas is officially over, I can begin putting up Christmas decorations. I'm usually not very good at this, but my Mom really motivated me this year. I made a bunch of miniature stockings to hang around the fireplace, and hung the handmade stockings from Sara above them. (There are also stockings for Niek and I that she made, but I didn't hang them.) So now I can think of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas every time I look at the fireplace. LOL! (These pics aren't clickable - Blogger's not in the mood!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also hung the few cards that have arrived - thanks Anne! - and some purchased and handmade ornaments (thanks again, Sara!) in the front window. Also hanging in the front window is my SBEBB exchange ornament from Judith. Thanks, Judi, it's beautiful and exactly to my taste. What floss did you use??

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, a funny little picture of the "surprises" I made for the kids. They look a little limp in the picture because they were filled with candy for last night's celebration, but I'll stuff them with cotton and stitch their little 'stuffing holes' shut (Rowen's -the pink bunny - is already done as she insisted on sleeping with it!).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The holidays can be stressful and even depressing for a lot of us. Let's not forget that hugs and smiles are free. ;>
 
posted by mainely stitching at 3:01 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


1 Comments: