28 November 2006
slow stitching
Maybe I should rename my blog to Slow Stitching. It sure applies to what I've done (or not done) lately! I continue to work on the Christmas project, and I really enjoy it, but my stitching hours can be counted in minutes and not hit three digits. It's sad. Tonight I thought about making some new cushion covers for a few of our sofa cushions (which look like we've let the dog play with them outdoors, though I assure you that is not the case!). But I lost my nerve. The zippers scare me.

So instead of pulling out my Christmas project, I sat down and started goofing off at the computer. Shame on me! But I did take this quiz and I'm mulling over the result. I've lived all over the US and have picked up a bit of an accent from here, there and everywhere, but during the past 9 years that I've lived here in Holland I've really tried to "lose" my American accent. I've run into an astonishing amount of prejudice, for one thing, but a strong accent just makes it harder for people to understand me and that defeats the whole point of communicating. Most people assume I'm Canadian or British. But according to this, I'm from one of the very few parts of the US that I have never lived in!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

North Central
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The Midland
The West
Boston
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


I will try to remember to buy batteries for my camera next time I get to the store. Today I at least managed to send out a number of envelopes that have been gathering dust here at home.
 
posted by mainely stitching at 9:09 PM ¤ Permalink ¤ |


0 Comments: